Monday, May 23, 2016

Pitt Panthers 2016 Football Uniforms

On May 12, 2016, the Pitt Panthers released their new uniforms and designs for all of their athletic programs. But since I only care about football uniforms, this review will only cover them. Overall, I am not a not of this new look. They have added elements that looks outstanding (stripes on arms, new stripe of helmets, TV Numbers on shoulders), but the bad elements really destroy the whole look. I am not saying it is the worst uniform ever, but I believe it is a downgrade from their previous set.

My final thoughts on this new uniform is that it is a downgrade from the previous set due to the lack of stripes on the pants and the horrible new font. Overall I give this uniform a 7.69 out of 10. The previous set scored a 9.57 out of 10.



Ted Cunningham, a user over a sportslogos.net has created the perfect look for Pitt and all they had to do was keep the basic former design, darken the gold pants, and move the TV numbers from the arms to the shoulders so stripes could be added. Check it out below:
Previous:
 
Updated:

2015 Uniforms by Game:













 

No comments:

Post a Comment