Monday, April 7, 2014

Wrestlemania 30: My Childhood Died Last Night

As a 40 year old man, I have always loved wrestling ever since my mother took me to the Louisville Gardens at the age of 8. One of the first matches that I remember seeing was The Fabulous Ones vs The Sheepherders in the Continental Wrestling Association (CWA) later the NWA aka Memphis Wrestling aka Championship Wrestling. That same night, the main event was Jerry "The King" Lawler vs Bill Dundee and those two matches made me fall in loving with wrestling for the rest of my life.

Over the years, I had the opportunity to watch the greatest perform in the ring; these includes the likes of: Dirty Dutch Mantell, The Road Warriors, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, Tommy Rich, Jimmy Hart, The Hart Foundation, Jim Neidhart, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, Stagger Lee aka Coco B. Ware, The Freebirds, The Rock 'N Roll Express, The Moondogs, Austin Idol, Bam Bam Bigelow, Eddie Gilbert, Terry Taylor, Rick Flair, Rick Rude and many, many more.

Up until 1990, Bret "The Hitman" Hart was my favorite wrestler, but that all changed when the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) introduced The Undertaker! I was immediately mesmerized by the size of this man and his ability to "go" in the ring. His finishing move, the Tombstone Piledriver is still the greatest move in wrestling and his Entrance never gets old. I immediately became a life long fan and I will always consider him the greatest of all time. Sure he might not have the most title reigns, but his 21 - 0 streak at Wrestlemania is a streak for the ages.

They say all things must end and even though it broke my heart last night (April 6, 2014) to see the Deadman's streak come to an end, it will never change how I feel about this man. He gave his life to the WWE/F and once he became famous, he NEVER jumped ship to another organization  like others before him. He remained loyal to Vince McMahon and the company and that is the best streak of them all. I love loyalty and this man truly gave it his all over the years. The streak may be over, but the Legend will last for Eternity.

Rest In Peace Deadman!!!!!!



Fan Reactions to the end of the Streak: 











I will add more later in the week.

Championship Wrestling


The Undertaker
Part 1 of 6
Part 2 of 6
------------------------------------------------------
Part 3 of 6
Part 4 of 6
------------------------------------------------------
Part 5 of 6
Part 6 of 6

Bray Wyatt should have won as the crowd pushed him over the top: 

Paul Heyman Promo on Raw: April 8, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment