Thursday, December 19, 2013

I STAND BEHIND PHIL ROBERTSON!!!!!

First off, I am a believer of Jesus Christ and I know he walked on this Earth and sacrificed himself on the Cross for you and me. I am not perfect and I never will be as I constantly miss the mark (sin). However, I try to love everyone even if I do not share their beliefs.

Second, I believe in Freedom of Speech & Freedom of Religion. I also believe in our Constitutional Rights as Americans and I will not waiver in those beliefs. I believe that my grandfather and many other soldiers who fought and died in WWII and Vietnam fought for the Freedoms that I hold dear.

Third, I will never apologize to those that do not believe the share my beliefs and I don't expect an apology from them as well. We can all love each other without holding the same values. I generally love people no matter their race, color, sexual orientation and religious beliefs.

Phil Robertson article in GQ magazine - I could have done without the language by the writer!

Here is the verse that Phil was quoting: Please pay special attention to Verse 11 as it is not hateful, in fact is a loving statement!

1 Corinthians 6:9 -11 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

So now onto the topic as hand, I have followed the Robertsons on Duck Dynasty since the show first aired on A&E a few years. I remember watching their hunting videos back in the day and I loved the guys then and I still love them now. I, like A&E knew that the Robertson family were die-hard Christians and that is only a part of the reason I love their show. They exhibit good old fashioned family values that I believe the world needs more of on TV. They refrain from cursing and there is also a great story told at the end of their episodes.

The leader of the Robertson family is Phil Robertson, the creator and founder of Duck Commander who did not always live a Christian lifestyle. He use to be drunk, an adulterer, and an abusive person. His wife Kay even said he used to be "mean" on the "Til Duck Do Us Part" episode when they officially had their first wedding.  

More to come....

Duck Commander Phil Robertson Talks About Why This Country Needs More Jesus

Please go to these facebook pages and websites to support Phil Robertson: 






Watch this video and try to convince my this is not a Godly man leading his Godly family:

I Am Second

You can only run the ole’ sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll so far.

You can only run the ole’ sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll so far.You can only run the ole’ sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment