Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Voice - Ooh No You Didn't

If you have every paid attention to this blog, then you will know that I love the Kentucky Wildcats, Sports Logos and Uniforms and The Voice. Well, I have officially dropped one of them from my viewing schedule as last night the Political Correctness (PC) Police was all over The Voice and I am still flabbergasted about the events that took place.

During the final 8 group performance, the contestants all sang "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" and the PC Police had the remove one major word from the lyrics. That word ladies and gentleman was the "LORD." So instead of the singing "LORD" the singers said "OOH" and my questions for the PC NUTS on The Voice what is your definition of "There's A Better Place Awaiting, In the Sky, OOH, In the Sky? What is OOH? I sure know that the LORD has prepared a place for me and other Christians to go when we die and that is precisely what the song is about.

To say that I am ashamed of The Voice is a major understatement and until they release an officially apology and/or sing that song again with the correct lyrics, than I am done with this once great show. I am happy to know that at least Blake Shelton cares about Christians as he stated that he will get to the bottom of this FAIL.

I was standing by my window,
On one cold and cloudy day
When I saw that hearse come rolling
For to carry my mother away

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, Lord, by and by
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky

I said to that undertaker
Undertaker please drive slow
For this lady you are carrying
Lord, I hate to see here go

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, Lord, by and by
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky

Oh, I followed close behind her
Tried to hold up and be brave
But I could not hide my sorrow
When they laid her in the grave

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, Lord, by and by
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky

I went back home, my home was lonesome
Missed my mother, she was gone
All of my brothers, sisters crying
What a home so sad and lone

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, Lord, by and by
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky

We sang the songs of childhood
Hymns of faith that made us strong
Ones that Mother Maybelle taught us
Hear the angels sing along

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, Lord, by and by
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, Lord, by and by
There's a better home a-waiting
In the sky, Lord, in the sky





No comments:

Post a Comment